Bedford NH Commercial Auto Insurance
Most businesses in NH cannot operate without a vehicle. Whether your vehicle is in the name of the business or you transport goods, personnel, materials or equipment up and down Routes 93 or 101 or along the back roads of Bedford, driving can be an integral part of your business.
Businesses who own trucks used for delivery are an obvious fit for a NH commercial auto policy, but so are contractors, landscapers, salespeople, and more, because the very nature of their work puts them out on the road.
We all know that an accident can happen at any time, but if your business relies on being on the road, you could be putting your company at financial risk if you do not have the right coverage, while potentially stalling business operations.
Business auto insurance is also critical if you own a business that requires employees to do any driving on behalf of your business. If you simply have a personal auto policy, this could be a large coverage gap that could bring your company to its knees. Commercial auto insurance can be designed for companies, both small and large, to cover vehicles used by owners and employees alike. Similar to personal auto insurance, various types of business auto insurance can be purchased based on your needs:
- Bodily Liability Insurance – This insurance can pay for injuries incurred to others during an accident for which you or your driver is found legally liable. This includes bodily injury, loss of income as well as pain and suffering damage.
- Property Damage Liability – Much like bodily liability, this insurance takes effect when an insured driver is found legally liable for an accident. It pays for damages to property such as other cars, fences, utility poles and more.
- Collision Insurance – If your company vehicle is involved in a collision with another car or object, collision insurance will help pay for your vehicle to be repaired or replaced, regardless of who is at fault. You are however responsible for paying the deductible you select.
- Comprehensive Insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for any damage to your vehicle that is not due to a collision. This includes damage from fire, vandalism, and theft as well as an accident involving an animal such as a deer, which is very common on our NH roads. Like collision coverage, there is typically a deductible with this coverage as well.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist – If your vehicle is involved in an accident, and another party is found at-fault but this party does not carry enough insurance to cover the bodily injury sustained to you or an employee, uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance can help see that your business is not left footing the bill. In a state like New Hampshire, where insurance is not mandatory and the number of un-insured drivers is higher than the national average, this is an important part of your commercial auto policy.
- Medical Payment Insurance – If your driver, passengers, or others are injured as a result of an accident, medical payment insurance can help defray their medical expenses. This coverage can pay regardless of who is found at fault.
The amount of insurance you should purchase varies and is determined by a number of factors, including how many vehicles are used by your company, how many drivers you deploy, and how severe the impact would be if your business had to operate without them.
Many NH small business owners have the cars they use in business on a personal auto policy. Though in some situations this may not be an issue, it can become one if you are involved in an accident while conducting business. Even if you are a consultant while working out of your Bedford home with no employees, a savvy lawyer could sue both you the person driving and/or your business. Your personal auto policy will not respond to a claim against your business so you could have a large gap in coverage.
A NH business auto policy can cover you while using your car personally and in business; however a personal auto policy does not extend to a business in most circumstances, so it is typically safer to maintain a commercial auto policy.
Whether your business relies on a single vehicle or an entire fleet, business auto insurance can help protect you and your company in the event of an accident. Don’t let your business stop rolling just because of an accident. Contact HPM Insurance of Bedford and Amherst to discuss your specific situation.
At HPM Insurance we don’t believe that everyone’s insurance needs can fit neatly into a box. We take the time to understand your risk as a person and a business to ensure you have the right coverage in place when you need it.
For more information on this important coverage or simply enter your zip code above and we will be happy to reach out to you. Drive Safe!
Here are three reasons to contact HPM Insurance in Bedford immediately!
- It's always great to understand and review your current coverage levels -- there may be an opportunity to reduce your costs and expand your coverage.
- It is FREE to get a customized quote!
- It's easy to get a no-risk quote. Simply fill out this short form and we'll get back to you within one business day with a affordable commercial auto insurance quote.